Saturday 6 June 2015

Eye Of Osiris


Thunder blazed from the sky
Darkness spread through the holy land
Clouds gathered like never before
Mighty cats gave out a tearing roar

Mob gathered around on roads,
Palaces and on the roofs
All wondered and whispered
Fear was the same in all
Is this the time for our damnation?
Have our sins gone beyond salvation?
Is this the time to revise god’s creation?

Desperate were they for a glimmer of hope
Turned to their king, and pleaded
Asked him what should they do?
Who to sacrifice or what to give
To the gods who've abandoned their kind

The king was in awe
Of the strange phenomenon
He had never seen anything like it
Neither his ancestors did
Nor, he suspected, his successors will
Part of him was confused
Whether it’s the end or
A blessing from the heavenly den
Are they really facing annihilation?
Or was he chosen upon a sacred decision?

Uttered no word just stared the sky
The king himself together
With his family and subjects
Just stared at the sky

Then the clouds cleared
From just the centre of the sky
And the mortals gazed
With the utmost fascination
As there emerged an eye

Now they were hysterical
This was the eye of god, they shouted
The all-seeing-eye
The eye of Amun, the eye of Argus
The eye of Osiris, the eye of Shiva

The angelic light from the eye
Looked only towards the king
The crowd went silent
Until someone cried-“The king shall die”

This was a shock to all
Stoned as a corpse was now the king
His valour deserted him
And madness took over
Tears rolled down and
His life seemed to slip by

He murmured then screamed
“Why me? what have I done?”
“Why me? I am pious”
“As good a man of god as any man can be”
“I was the one, atrocity who endured”

“But whatever shall it be,
The king must be willing
To sacrifice even himself
If ever the need be"

O’ holy vision, the All Seeing Eye
Now I see, the true duty of a king
I am a sinner, please forgive me
Don’t ever punish my people for my sins
For now I confess, I am the sinister being
You have chosen me, And I shall provide
So be it as it may, “The King shall die”



No comments:

Post a Comment