Saturday 15 February 2020

Very Short Poems


The night gathers
and engulfs the sky
Herein o languid dove of mine
Sunken in the palm of pillows
She descends to deep slumber
For in her dreams, I am nigh.



Sailing bottomless seas,
In darkness infinite
You show me the way,
My tiny pillar of light.



An astir life marred
by tumult and turmoil
Few pieces of peace
Caught through slumber
O demoiselle o mine.




And girl...
As I live and breath,
through flesh and flair,
by candour and finesse,
I'm gonna do it all.
May no one care
For life is but one,
And just one to spare.





He slothed by day
And slept at night
He played his way, much to his delight
Bitter women he met
New points to earn
He forged ahead, to smoke fern
He plodded on and thrived,
And after a life well lived, he happily died.




Nights go by
As I lay wide awake,
Fill my heart tonight
My strawberry cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment