Sunday 31 May 2020

Impromptu Poetry

So the following are a result of a game I was playing with a friend where we were supposed to suggest three random words to each other and write a poem including those words :-

My Poems-


  • The words- Company, Difference, Pure


I got a call
I went there alone
What difference does it make
So i even left my phone
Mild mannered seemed I
So naive and pure
What difference does it make
Since now I was alone
Darkness surrounded me
Stars were above
And even bats I saw
Fear I could not sense
Just a little
Excitement and awe
Now they came all over
And circled me around
Those big men with shoes
Black and brown
Faceless & firm they stood
On a marble ground
Finally they spoke
And so did I
By the time I reached,
It all felt like a dream
Unbelievable and funny
Especially when they asked
Would you like to work
For our company



  • The words- Carrot, elephant, piano


Mother grew a carrot
And I stood by to see
Large was the carrot
Larger than any elephant
Taller than the oak tree
Gathered we all around
When she was pulling out
With music and fireworks, the town cheered
Flutes, horns and drums,
And some just gave a shout
A dream it was too vivid
Broken when I saw
A piano played by a mouse



  • The words- Love, Alone, Rare



I once met a dove
However much was it rare
We had our times
We drank our wines
she lived in my veins
And precious moments we shared
But one night I couldn't find her
No matter where I looked
Lost was my love
I called for her in waking
And in prayer
For what sins do I now atone
That she left me heartbroken
Living in this stranger world
All and all alone.


The following are her adorable creations which she spun out of the words I suggested. (She's adorable too)


  • The words- Tree, well, starfish


The cute little starfish
Climbing up a tree
Why should it be weird
Well it's just poetry




  • The words- Pillar, Mountain, Store


Hey there, yes you!
Have you seen my pup?🐶
He loves to run around pillars
And jump up!
I've been to the store
And to the park
Where did you go honey
I miss your cute bark😢
Come home quick
Your mountain of leaves is waiting🍂
These moments missing you...
Are soooooo irritating😣



The following is something I wrote because it simply just occurred to me texting a girl I liked at the time. Yes, there are some imitations in it from my own previous works.

Well, I'm still awake so lemme have a go at verse tonight.

You're asleep, as I lay wide awake
Still lost in thoughts
Can't say how long is it
Going to take
Words I spew
My keys jingle
What must you be doing
While my keyboard tingles

An astir life marred
By tumult and turmoil
Few pieces of peace
Caught through slumber
O demoiselle o mine


Oh shit,
You're awake
Now I've said
Though my verse is waste
What shall I do now
When it doesn't make sense
It's like a non fatal blow
But sounds in my head
kachink and kappow!

No comments:

Post a Comment