Thursday 1 January 2015

Independent Imagination


No help is wanted for I’m not weak,
Conventions are my bounds
Freedom is all I seek.
In a world of swimmers
Who go along the tide,
I for one made a different stride.
Wished to sail among waters
No fish has ever seen
Felt proud for adventures, I might have been.
But move out of the shoal  
And you’ll see an invisible wall,
Not to be noticed
But standing tall.

First you don’t get it
Then you refuse to believe,
This can’t be the end
For all you’ve set to achieve.
You see how can only you be confined
And others roam free
But their wings are short
They return to the same tree.
Doing the same thing they did yesterday,
Doing the same thing they will do tomorrow.

Occupying is the job of land dwellers,
They don’t fear lengths, area or the terrain,
They are the mighty conquerors
Who will survive
Be it the sun, the frost or the rain.
What they don’t do often is, accepting change
They will continue to build the same thing
Until no one higher finds it strange.
They don’t believe it’s possible
To create something new,
Something which was never seen before
By the many or the few.

What good is something whose value
When you realize is gone
Such is the nature of freedom
Which is seldom touched upon
You have caged me
But I will break free
The barriers of rumours,
Responsibility and judgments will not stop me
For I know, I maybe odd within
But I have a reason
To bring change to the world
To redefine the meaning of my origin
You can stop me for now
But I see the future
Where I’m no longer bound
Where I and only I wield my power
On my sky, on my ground.

I dream of getting out
And plan on wreaking havoc
Bring chaos to this perfectly ordered world
Which does nothing but contains
Its own inhabitants in non-existent walls
Made of greed, agony and doubt
Be it the invitation to my doom
I’ll still be getting out

Your freedom is nothing but an illusion
If you don’t stride against
If you don’t give yourself to change
Do what you’ve never done
Break all the conventions,
For they are nothing but bounds
And freedom is all you seek.

1 comment: